Last Sunday saw the start-up of “Cedar’s Charter School of Wisdom and Wizardry”. The children and youth welcomed Professors Luna Linda (Linda Andrews) and Joylanda Stitchwick (Joyce Jensen), specialists in haberdashery, and had the opportunity to sew their own wizard hat. We also were visited by the Sorting Hat, who placed students into four houses and told them the qualities of their character and why they were placed there. The students also sang the school song in honor of our sponsoring institution, Hogwarts School of Wizardry and successfully found and answered the riddle that opened the door to our magical wizardry room. We had a full day and there is more to come! Each week the students will learn new spells and skills to work for positive change in the world. It is our wish that they will be able to use their new skills for good.
We have other wishes as well…the school needs your support this summer in time, talent and treasure. Here are ways to help, please contact me, Professor Candace Colewort for more information:
*Professors are needed for a few more Sundays. We need ground Quiddich coaches (Aug 18), feast-masters (Aug. 26) and more. Please see the sign up in the hallway on Sunday for open dates.
* We need a couple of magical actor types. Contact me to find out what about. Date is somewhat flexible.
* We need a Visitor with insects, a snake, spiders, or other crawly creatures for our Magical Creatures day.
*Stuff we would like to borrow: (please mark everything with your name!)
- Halloween style gothic lanterns…plug in or battery
- Wizardy or gothic style décor, other cool decor of a castle or creepiness (not too scary or gory)
- Wizardry costuming…hats, harry Potter glasses, capes for adults or kids, to be in the dress-up box.
- Sheers (curtain) or gauze – black, white, green, red or purple, “castle” colors.
- Straw “witch style” brooms (for Quiddich on August 18) (need about 10)
- 2-4 ping pong paddles
- Venus fly trap or other creepy looking plants. Potted herbs for display.
- Bamboo poles (8, at about 6 feet long)
-Six bike tires or hula hoops
*Food and consumables that could be donated:
- Food supplies for our Gross Food Cookology Class (see Prof. Colewort for a grocery list)
- Dried herbs (see Prof. Colewort for a list of medicinal herbs needed)
- Knee highs or old panty hose/ pink, white, blue, or light green tights (runs ok!)
- Metal hangers (about 20-40)
Professor Candace Colewort (Candee Cole)