WHEREAS the Cedars Board will need the help of a committee devoted solely to the transition from our retiring ministers, to an Interim Minister, and finally to a Settled Minister, and
WHEREAS the Cedars congregation, in accordance with our Fifth Principle, voted to engage an Interim Minister as close to February 1, 2017 as circumstances will allow,
BE IT THEREFORE RESOLVED:
The Cedars Board formally establishes the Transition Committee, which will be charged with helping the Board in the above referenced transition. This help will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Immediate establishment of a Sunday Services Team to plan services for any period between the retirement of our current ministers and the Interim Minister. Activating this committee immediately will allow the team to begin planning and working with our current ministers and Worship Associates. Having services planned could also help the transition of the Interim Minister even if (s)he is engaged on February 1st.
- Assist the Cedars Board in surveying the congregation to assess what qualities our community requires in an Interim Minister.
- Provide input to the Cedars Board on any Interim Minister candidates as the Board determines which candidate best fits Cedars.
- Work with the Interim Minster as Cedars community begins the process of engagement, assessment, and learning so that we can have an informed search for a Settled Minister.
- Help create the Ministerial Search Committee when the time is appropriate.
- Any other assistance that may be required on this journey.
Cedars Transition Team:
John Wiens (Chair)