How We Live
Cedars Church is a welcoming congregation with many opportunities to connect with members of the congregation through our Community Life Team, Pastoral Care Team, Connection Dinners, and neighborhood teams.
- Worship with open hearts
- Nurture a learning spirit
- Serve justice with compassion
- Love without judgment
The 7 Principles of Unitarian Universalism:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person.
- Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations.
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations.
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning.
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large.
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all.
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are all a part.
Our Living Tradition Which Draws From Six Sources:
- Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life;
- Words and deeds of prophetic women and men that challenge us to confront powers and structures of evil with justice, compassion, and the transforming power of love;
- Wisdom from the world’s religions, which inspires us in our ethical and spiritual life;
- Jewish and Christian teachings, which call us to respond to God’s love by loving our neighbors as ourselves;
- Humanist teachings, which counsel us to heed the guidance of reason and the results of science, and warn us against idolatries of the mind and spirit;
- Spiritual teachings of earth-centered traditions, which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature.