We welcome items for our weekly Beacon newsletter. Before submitting your article or announcement, please consider these tips:
- Be brief. People are increasingly bombarded by information and their time is scarce. Give them the important info up front and remember that the shorter a piece is, the more likely it will be read.
- Be relevant. Your item should directly connect to at least one of our shared Unitarian Universalist principles and to our congregation, our PNW District, the UUA or our Bainbridge Island & North Kitsap community.
- Be thorough. Please double-check your item for spelling, grammar, punctuation and, most importantly, correct information. If you’re submitting an event announcement, please include a street address, a date, start and end times and contact information.
- Be current. If any critical details have changed about your item after it was published, please let us know ASAP. We won’t be able to unsend a newsletter we’ve released, but we can correct it on our web site and possibly publish a correction in a subsequent e-mail issue.
- Be on time. Our deadline is Friday at 6 p.m. for the following Friday e-mail publication. Please submit your item for publication by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s what our process looks like (click on image to enlarge):
The Beacon editors