Current COVID Safety
Updated November 30, 2023
The COVID-19 Pandemic has slowed and life is mostly back to normal. But COVID-19 is not gone from our lives. Neither is the seasonal flu or Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV). Cedars Unitarian Universalist Church continues to watch for the threat of viral transmission and will adjust our gatherings accordingly.
At Cedars UU Church:
- We honor each individual’s choice to wear a mask.
- We encourage people to get vaccinated. We know it is not advised for some people, which makes widespread vaccinations more important for those who can get them.
- Continue to be aware of data reports available at:
Previous COVID Safety Guidelines No Longer in Effect
Cedars Safe Gatherings
Because we are responsible citizens and follow the science, we are ready as a community to begin to apply the safe behavior we practice in other parts of our lives to our spiritual home, too. We should feel confident that we can safely gather as a community if we:
- Wear a mask.
- Physically distance if indoors.
- Don’t go near others if sick, exposed to COVID, tested positive for COVID.
The following is the recommendation from the Cedars Board of Trustees for responsible behavior at all of our in-person meetings and gatherings.
CEDARS UU CHURCH SAFE GATHERINGS RULES
The Island School & Webster Hall:
- Wear a mask.
- If indoors, all attendees are vaccinated; if an attendee is medically exempt from vaccination, meeting organizer should consider an option for them to attend (Zoom, live stream, outdoor space).
- Physically distance if meeting indoors; 6ft for UUA standard and 3ft for school.
- Complete a safety/health questionnaire for each attendee (we already use the form at Cedars Center); attendees must consent to attend the meeting. (COVID Safety Form)
- Ventilate the room; be reasonable – the CDC says a small breeze can do the trick.
- Be respectful of other’s personal space; COVID has changed some individual’s comfort level of how close to stand to them.
- Throw out all trash from kitchen, Webster Hall, restrooms, hallways; put in dumpster outside.
Cedars Center Meeting Space
- Room must be reserved using the Reservation Form and submitted to office admin.
- All guests must be fully vaccinated and wear a mask.
- Have an inclusive option for those unable or uncomfortable being in the same room with others; if an attendee is medically exempt from vaccination, meeting organizer should consider an option for them to attend (Zoom, hold meeting outdoors on patio if weather permits).
- Complete safety/health questionnaire for each attendee (kept on stool in foyer).
- Ventilate the room by opening a few windows; also run the air purifier on speed 3 during the meeting.
- Limited number of physically distanced seats available; a maximum of 10 guests allowed.
- Please clean all surfaces and throw out meeting-room trash after meeting.
- Verify vax status the days prior to gathering.
- Wear a mask.
- Vaccinated for indoor meetings; if an attendee is medically exempt from vaccination, meeting organizer should consider an option for them to attend (Zoom in, outdoor space).
- Physical distance.
- Complete safety/health questions; send to office administrator for filing (in case of tracing).
- Ventilate room.
- Limit number of attendees.