Cedars Unitarian Universalist Church
Supervised By: Minister (Rev. Zackrie Vinczen)
Status: Part time, non-exempt (15 hrs. per week)
Start Date: TBD
Salary: $16-18 per hour depending on experience (DOE)
This position has a degree of flexibility in terms of scheduling and includes some possibilities for remote work. Our office is mostly closed right now so that we can provide a safe working environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Handle incoming mail.
- Answer the office phone and greet visitors (when office reopens)
- Maintain office files.
- Prepare Order of Service for Sunday Services (Microsoft Publisher).
- Enter data into church directory as needed (Breeze).
- Manage church email, answering or forwarding messages as appropriate.
- Schedule the use of physical and virtual spaces (Zoom).
- Support Staff and Lay Leaders with Special Projects as requested.
Communications and Congregation Relations
- Regularly update the Cedars website with current program information (WordPress).
- Maintain Cedars calendar of events to avoid conflicts.
- Track links to be included in publications for virtual events.
- Publish regularly scheduled communications such as the newsletter, email blasts, social media posts, and mailers. Assist in the production of materials (Flyers, Brochures, Post Cards, and other materials for distribution).
- Order and maintain supplies for the office and Sunday service.
- Maintain the cleanliness of Cedars Center and schedule monthly cleaning services.
- Mail accounts payable checks and monthly special collection donations to community partners.
- Ability to manage computer programs software and hardware.
- Familiarity with MS Outlook, MS Publisher, MS Word, Google Calendar, Google Docs, WordPress, Zoom, and PDF creation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Reliable attendance.
- Good people skills.
- Organizational skills.
Additional desired qualifications
- Desktop publishing/graphic skills.
- Familiarity with social media and other online communications tools.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Ability to do simple diagnostics and fixes for office equipment and software.
- Experience working in a professional office setting.
Must be able to read, write, keyboard, lift boxes and move tables and chairs.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to President@Cedarsuuchurch.org. This position will remain open until filled.