Now, and going forward, Cedars will begin following the guidelines for Houses of Worship as a result of our Governor’s actions and an Island School Task Force review. What does this mean?
- Masks are optional, but we will still welcome them for any reason (no judgment!).
- Unvaccinated friends and members should please mask up when they attend. Free KN95 masks available.
- We can be reasonably spaced between seats.
- Musical instruments (wind & brass) and singing can return; but Cedars will employ guidelines for this, especially for group singing (vs. soloist).
We are now in the process of creating additional protocols and plan to present them by the end of the month.
- Cedars will no longer ask for vaccination status at the door.
- Coffee and tea service will return on March 20 but no food will be served.
- Socializing is fine to do inside Webster Hall.
- Cedars Center is open.
- Cedars Center will continue to use a sign-in sheet for anyone entering, but will no longer ask health questions.
- Physical distancing and masking are optional at Cedars Center. The group meeting can decide how they want to handle these two issues.
- No shared food or meals at either location yet; For Cedars Center, brown bag lunch or single-serving boxed meal is okay. We’re taking things one step at a time.
We will be careful about re-introducing too many things at once. We have far fewer helping hands at Cedars now, compared to pre-COVID, so we need to be able to handle all the details of putting on a Sunday Service safely and successfully using the state’s House of Worship guidelines. Please be patient with us as we adjust.
Your Cedars Board of Trustees